Crystal Tear Drop

You’d want my ‘tear-drop’ pendent To lie right on the pit of my neck, Right above the collar bones, “your prominent collar bones” you’d tease. when I swallow, you say, “the ‘crystal tear drop’ ripples down the hollow of softest skin.” When I tie my hair into a high bun, Strands would fall down my nape, You’d ruffle them, run your fingers through them, entangle them and say “baby’s hair, so soft”. Late at night, while driving back home, When the car windows are embossed with tiny rain droplets, You’d smile and say “your ‘crystal tear drop’ splintering down from above” One hand holding the steering wheel, The other resting on mine, Fingers intertwined, hands click into a lock, Right in place, a perfect fit. Though you'd say, “My God, your hands are tiny, I am afraid I’ll squish them!” And I wouldn’t take off my eye make up till next morning, Smudged khol, black eye-shadow smeared, teary eyes peering behind mascara thick lashes, And you’d laugh hard… I’d listen, listen to your laughter become a cackle while black tears from sleepy eyes, roll down my cheeks youd’ tuck my dampen hair behind my ears, kiss my forehead and whisper “black ‘crystal tear drop’ slithering down field of gold’
Category: 4 comments

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

this one is nice. very nice.

Morticia of Mirth said...

Thanks Kaks, gee, texans are reading my blog! thats an achievement!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm........I cud say I've imagined this poem a thousand times in so many idle and busy moments of my rotten life, but i won't say, coz nobody will believe me....what i will say is, its a crap.

Morticia of Mirth said...

umm okay..but thanks for sparing the time to relate to the poem :)